Tuesday, November 9, 2010

An Update - Lets Talk TV

I feel as though I should apologize for the lack of updates. There have been some movies worth noting recently and thus probably deserving a review. I haven't bothered to watch them. This poses a particular problem for this website as it is completely based on the active reviewing of films.

To be honest I've been lacking the will to go the Cinema. I don't mean to be this negligent of the site. Blame Hollywood for it, is what you should do!

I heard through word of mouth that M. Night Shyamalan's Devil isn't really M Knights completely. He co-wrote the film according to IMDB and it was directed by John Erick Dowdle who's also responsible for Quarantine. I heard that Devil was worth watching, but for someone reason I feel that Universal Pictures' marketing plan was flawed for implicating M. Knight's name into the film's trailer. Given especially that he was a only a co-writer for the film. Odd to me still, as this was also what turned me off from seeing it. Might be worth a rental, but we'll see.

Meanwhile, Aaron Sorkin & David Fincher collaborated to glamorize the life of Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg. The Social Network was said to be made for about $50 Million according to IMDB and has grossed only 79.5 million. I don't know about you but that's not exactly a great return on your investment if your a studio. Despite this, those that did see it seemed to have liked it. What's my opinion? I'm gonna rent it.

I don't consider myself a "Television Watcher" because I hate commercials and how they always seem louder then the show your watching (Thank God and/or Someone for TIVO). I gotta say however, there are a number of television shows that have peaked my interest and given me the hook.

First and foremost I can't wait for Showtime's Californication to comeback. It is a smart and sleezy show with a lot of attitude, guts and comical calamity that has kept me laughing for the past 3 seasons. 4/5 Xombie Heads

I generally keep myself busy with ABC's Modern Family every Wednesday. This show is as funny as it is charming. The mere fact that it boasts such a diverse cast of characters is the show's strongest quality. Definitely worth a watch and I give it 5/5 Zombie Heads

I'm Still watching re-runs of Spartacus: Blood & Sand. This show is simply bad-ass! I love the blood and gore! I love the gratuitous and unapologetic representation of Ancient Rome. It loves to rub all manners of nudity, violence, sex, and general moral chaos in your face. I might also remind you that this is Produced by Robert Tapert and Sam Raimi. The same guys who brought you the Evil Dead trilogy. 5/5 Xombie Heads

I've also been catching up on Weeds. This show is funny, however the characters don't seem to be going anywhere yet this season. They've come a long way from their original setting of Agrestic, California. Important enough as this show was supposed to be about a suburban mom who turns to selling weed to support her family after her husband dies. Since then it has turned itself upside down. 4/5 Xombie Heads

Can I just say that I am going Batshit over AMC's The Walking Dead. Not only am I a HUGE fan of the comic book series, but I fucking LOVE ZOMBIES! However it's only been 2 episodes, so I can't give it an official Xombie rating, but so far its heading for a 5/5 Xombie Heads. Let me also add that Frank Darabont (Shawkshank Redemption) is directing this. The only thing left to tell you is if they show you half of the stuff they do in the Comic, then this show is still going to be FUCKING CRAZY.

- G. Xombie

No comments:

Post a Comment