Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Losers? Not us! Well maybe...

Some of you might not know that The Losers movie is spawned from the Vertigo Graphic Novel series. I still read comics today, but I have to admit I haven't read this one yet. I've never even heard of Vertigo or The Losers until the movie came out. But regardless, it looks like i might start to read this comic.

Directed by Sylvain White, the movie itself was a pretty fun watch. Jeffrey Dean Morgan heads up the cast as the lead with Chris Evans and the SMEXXY Zoey Saldana of Avatar fame. Although my favorite character was Cougar played by Óscar Jaenada who really didn't say much, but let his sniper rifle do all the talking. Props to Chris Evans too as was the funniest part of that whole movie. He reminds me of Ryan Reynolds for some reason.

The movie is essentially about spec-ops team who get noble and go off mission to save a bunch of children from being obliterated by an air strike. They then become targets from their own commanders for saving the children I guess. It was kinda funny to see what happens to the children after they save them. What happens next I'm sure you can guess from the trailers.

All in all the movie had a combination of witt, high octane action, and some cool gun scenes. I'm not sure if I'd buy the DVD though.

Worth a Rental, and was worth the $5.75 on cheap night I paid to go see it. I predict it will still be better then the A-Team movie which seems to have the exact same Plot.

3.5 Zombie Heads on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment